Daniel B. Farnsworth, b. ca. 1843/4 at Walker, Wood Co., WV
Father: 87. John Farnsworth (2), b. ca. 1800 at Staten Island, NY
Mother: Prudence Mount
At an early age, Daniel became interested in the oil fields, a rapidly growing industry in WV at the time. He served in the Civil War, enlisting in the WV Cavalry, serving until the close of the war.DANIEL B. FARNSWORTH and his wife, Sarah Cochran, had issue: 7th Gen.
8th Gen. 1. Cleo Farnsworth, b. 1 Jun 1899.
2. Harley Farnsworth; d. ae. 5 yrs.
3. Mearl Farnsworth, b. 3 Feb 1905.
7. Daniel N. Farnsworth, b. 28 Nov 1877; unm. in 1918.
8. Didama Farnsworth, b. 7 Mar 1880; m. Rev. Fred Slaughter of Parkersburg, WV.
9. William M. Farnsworth, b. 12 Mar 1882; was serving with the U.S. Navy in 1918.
10. Sarah E. Farnsworth, b. 8 Jul 1884; prob. d. young.
11. Melissa V. Farnsworth, b. 6 July 1887 m. Mr. Hocker of Mannington, WV
Spouse: Sarah Cochran, b. 1849 at Mannington, VA, d. 1896 at Eaton Springs, WV.
Descendant families report created by Gene 4.2, Mon, Jun 30, 1997
Back to Rowan's Home Page