Electronic Books and Other Electronic Texts
- A Catalog of Electronic Texts on the Internet.
- Links to more than 3700 e-texts (philosophy, science, classics, literature, history, economics, etc.) in several languages.
- Celebration of Women Writers
- Links to over 200 texts by women, plus supporting info, mostly biographical and bibliographical material about women writers.
- Children's Literature Web Guide
- Online children's stories, myths, poetry and more. Plus notes about children's best sellers.
- The Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities page.
- Links to hypertext fiction.
- Online Books
- Pointers to texts on the net, noting whether they are html, images or text. Searchable by author or title.
Bibliomania A collection of classic novels, poetry and non-fiction in HTML.
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts Contemporary and historical Irish documents in literature, history and politics in html and tei.
CogPrints Electronic Archive Electronic archive for papers in any area of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Linguistics, and many areas of Computer Science (e.g., artificial intelligence, robotics, vison, learning,speech, neural networks), Philosophy (e.g., mind, language, knowledge, science, logic), Biology (e.g., ethology, behavioral ecology, sociobiology, behaviour genetics, evolutionary theory), Medicine (e.g., Psychiatry, Neurology, human genetics, Imaging), Anthropology (e.g., primatology, cognitive ethnology, archeology, paleontology), as well as any other portions of the physical, social and mathematical sciences that are pertinent to the study of cognition.
Eldritch Press American literature, world literature in English translation, stories to read aloud and much more. Available in HTML.
Electronic Text Center at the University of Virginia An archive of English, French, German, Japanese and Latin texts, with extensive holdings of both prose and poetry.
The English Server Over 18,000 works and links to works in the humanities, covering a wide range of interests.
GutenbergProject Gutenberg, electronic books in the public domain.
Los Alamos Eprint Archive for Physics and Associated Disciplines Reprints in physics, mathematics, nonlinear sciences and computer science.
Page by Page Books Classic works of fiction and non-fiction and politics in HTML.
- Designing and Building Parallel Programs, by Ian Foster
- This site incorporates the content of a textbook published by Addison-Wesley into an evolving online resource.
- The Psychology of Menu Selection: Designing Cognitive Control at the Human/Computer Interface, by Kent L. Norman
- This book provides detailed theoretical and empirical information of interest to software designers and human/computer interaction specialists and researchers on menu selection.
- Information Retrieval, by C. J. van Rijsbergen
- A book on automatic information retrieval systems.
- Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet, by Michael Hauben's and Ronda Hauben
- This netbook presents the history and impact of various aspects of the Net: the Internet, ARPANET, Usenet, etc. We hope to provide information which will help readers to understand where the Net has come from so as to help preserve its value throughout future developments and changes.
- Common Lisp the Language, 2nd edition, by Guy L. Steele
- A primer on Common LISP, a programming platform for rapid prototyping and systems delivery in artificial intelligence and other areas.
- Celtic Twilight
- An online collection of texts in the Arthurian tradition.
- Internet Bibliography
- Extensive list with thumbnail reviews of books, videos and periodicals about the Internet.
Tables of Contents only
- The Library Quarterly
- Tables of contents with abstracts since January 1995.
Back to Rowan's Home Page