Religious Freedom Resources
Religious Rights and Activism sites
- The Interfaith Alliance
- Monthly online magazine and news of Interfaith coalitions combating the Radical Religious RIght.
- Interfaith Working Group
- A Philadelphia area Interfaith group dedicated to bringing varied religious views on social issues before the public.
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
- Information on religious topics promoting tolerance and exposing misinformation.
- Religious Freedom Page
- A non-denominational page sponsored by the Christian Scientists. Information on the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and other resources.
- Laws which Protect our Religious Rights
- Excerpts from the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights, the US, Canadian and Mexican constitutions; US case law excerpts.
- Topic Specific Webpages for Finding Help
- Concerning religious discrimination and associated legal problems.
- Australian Religious Rights
- Info on religious rights laws of Australia, both at a State and Federal level.
- The CUUPS Web Site.
- CUUPS is the Covenant of Unitarian-Universalist Pagans.
- Covenant of the Goddess
- An international organization of cooperating, autonomous Wiccan congregations and solo practitioners.
- This site hosts the list archive for, FIRE, a list for the discussion of and action around media portrayals of non-mainstream religions, particularly Paganism. They also offer links and information on Paganism and Wicca.
- Lady Liberty League
- A special network within Circle Network provides a national and global referral and information exchange network of Pagan religious freedom activists.
- Alternative Religions Educational Network (AREN)
- Listings and Resources to aid in the ongoing fight for Equality and Fair Administration of our First Ammendment Rights.
- The Witches' League for Public Awareness
- The League is an educational network dedicated to correcting misinformation about Witches and Witchcraft.
- Witches Voice: A News and Education Network
- A proactive educational network dedicated to correcting misinformation about Witches and Witchcraft.
- Heathens Against Hate
- Banner campaign and information on Asatru/Heathenism correcting misinformation, esp. about racist attitudes.
- Anti-Defamation League
- Their mission is "to stop the defamation of the Jewish people, to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike." ADL press releases, newsletter, report summaries, etc. are available.
- Christian Legal Society
- An evangelical Christian legal advocacy organization which reflects that community's defense of religious rights.
- Liberty Counsel
- An evangelical Christian nonprofit civil liberties education and legal defense organization established to preserve religious freedom. Anti-gay, mostly seems to be about allowing Christian practices in schools and elsewhere.
Church/State Separation and First Amendment Groups
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- Since 1947 AU has promoted the principle of church-state separation as an essential constitutional guarantee of religious liberty.
- Freedom Forum's Religion page
- Information on the fight for religious liberty - news articles, opinion and recent cases.
Social Justice sites
- ACLU Freedom Network
- Information on and from the ACLU, including news releases, legislative materials and more. Or go directly to ACLU page on.
- Center for Democracy and Technology
- The Center's mission is to develop and advocate public policies that advance constitutional civil liberties and democratic values in new computer and communications technologies.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) was founded to ensure that the principles embodied in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are protected as new communications technologies emerge.
- The Human Rights Campaign
- US Political activist group lobbies Congress, provides campaign support, and educates the public to secure equal rights for lesbian and gay Americans.
Combatting Religious bigotry
- Fighting the Radical Religious Right
- A comprehensive page of links for activists and pointers to religious right sites.
- How to Win
- A Practical Guide to Defeating the Religious Right. A book by Radical Right Task Force.
- Women Leaders Online
- WLO is an organization dedicated to stopping the Radical Right agenda.
Individual Church or Denomination/Tradition sites
- Church of the Iron Oak
- Iron Oak is fighting a legal battle to allow home worship.
- Universal Life Church
- Information on the ULC. To obtain ULC Ordination info
Other Sites of Possible Interest
- Religious and Multifaith pointers
- Religious pointers for many faiths from Asatru to Zoroastrianism.
- Resources for Military Chaplains/a>
- Religious Requirements and Practices of Certain Selected Groups: A Handbook for Chaplains (DA PAM 165-13), offers a precis of many religions. There is an entry on Wicca (the address for Pagans in the Military is out of date) and on Gardnerian Wicca.
- Military Pagan Network
- MPN provides documentation, contacts, and regulations as support for Pagans, Neo-pagans, and occultist active duty, reserve, and National Guard, who feel that they are being discriminated against. The M.P.N. is not a legal service and does not provide legal advice. However, the M.P.N. will provide military and government agencies information pertaining to the religious rights of Neo-Pagans.
Back to ERAL Page