Cultural offerings - music, poetry, arts and crafts
- Celtic Music Archive
- Mudcat Cafe
- Mudcat Cafe hosts folk music discussions and the searchable Digital Tradition Folk Song database.
- Amhrán Gaelach
- Irish Language song archive.
- Music in the Isle of Man
- Information on artists and music (including music in Gaelic) available.
- Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann (CCE) - North America
- The American branch of the international organization dedicated to the advancement of traditional Irish music, language, dance , and culture.
- Contemplator's Folk Music Site
- Folk and Traditional Music and Poular Songs, with Lyrics, Midi, Tune Information and History behind the folksongs and ballads. Irish, British and American Folk Music including Francis J. Child Ballads and Sea Shanties.
Celtic Music or Dance events
- Ceolas - Celtic Music events
- Celtic artist and band appearances around the world.
- Breton folk dancing and music
- Information from Ray Price, a teacher of the circle and spiral dances of Brittany and the country dances of central France.
- List of traditional Irish set dancing and ceili dancing events throughout Ireland.
Celtic Music and Instruments for sale
- Dara Records
- Mailorder distributor of Irish and Celtic music, and publishers of the Irish Music News.
- Green Linnet
- A record label offerings a searchable catalog of music from the Celtic lands.
- Shanachie Entertainment
- A record label offering Celtic and world music.
- Lark in the Morning
- Fine supplier of instruments and music. Bodhrans, etc.
- Locrian Records
- Australian record label specialises primarily in modern, contemporary Celtic and ethnic folk music. They have Gaelic and Brythonic language recordings.
- Magical Strings
- Celtic lap harps, concerts and classes in the Seattle, WA region.
- Sylvia Woods Harp Center
- Supplier of harps and harp recordings, harp music books, harp history books, harp accessories and many other things for the harp lover, including Sylvia Woods' own recordings.
Poetry, Storytelling and Literature
- Irish Literature and Theatre on the Web
- Pointers to Irish poetry and drama sites.
- Irish Poetry Page
- The work of many Irish poets is represented here, along with links to Irish literature sites.
- Seamus Heaney
- Selected work of the Nobel prize wining poet.
- Celtic Spirit
- Workshop schedules, tape information and writings from Mara Freeman, writer, storyteller, and teacher of Celtic and British earth-based wisdom traditions.
- 100 favorite Irish poems
- Jorn Barger has made a web page with all 100 poems chosen in an Irish Times survey as best loved Irish poems (in Irish or English).
- Dissertation on Celtic Art
- Constanze Witt is presenting her dissertation in hypertext format with images. In process - but already impressive! She is how at UT - http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~cmw/. You may have to check around for her dissertation.
- How to Draw Your Own Celtic Knots
- Drew Ivan offers detailed instructions in the art of knotwork with an ever-growing collection of links to various methords.
- Celtic Knots
- More examples of grids and knots for the aspiring knotworker.
- Celtic Knotwork: the Ultimate Tutorial
- An interesting method for doing knotwork. Available in French or English.
- Celtic Art & Cultures
- A site designed for a Art History course on Celtic Art and Cultures at UNC. It is a beautiful and informative site about many aspects of Celtic art through the centuries.
- Steve Abbott's Computer Drawn Celtic Knotwork
- Abbott has written a Visual Basic (Win31, Win95/NT) program to draw knots which is available for download. He shows examples of 2D and 3D knotwork he has done.
- Rowan's Icons
- Celtic ornament and clip art grace my collection.
- Celtic and Scythian Motifs by Randy D. Ralph
- A beautiful and varied collection of bars.
- Cari Buziak's Celtic art and Illumination
- Grand tutorials on how to do knotwork by hand, plus clip art and examples of Cari's work.
Celtic Art for Sale
- Courtney Davis Homepage
- Information on the availability of Mr. Davis' fine Celtic art.
- Jen Delyth's Keltic Designs
- The fabulous art of Jen Delyth is available on t-shirts, as jewelry, on silk scarves and more. Visit the gallery and read her comments about various pieces.
- Celtic Lady
- Traditional and Original Celtic Art and fonts for Computer use and handcrafted jewelry created by Susan Zalusky
- Celtic Max Celtic Art Gallery
- The exquisite style of Peter Sutter is amply demonstrated in this beautiful gallery of original work.
- Aidan Meehan's Celtic Design Series Homepage
- Mr. Meehan is the author of some outstanding books for learning how to produce Celtic-style artwork, which he details herein.
- Scriptorium's Celtic Collection
- Font collections for Mac or PC and Celtic artwork/illustration both ancient and modern.
- Coriosolite Expert System
- Articles on mythology and iconography of Armorican coinage.
- Kernunnos home page
- Articles on coin art and iconography with a beautiful collection of coins from the Celtic world.
- Queen Medb Encampment
- Southern California Iron Age re-enactment group providing colorful entertainment and an historical educational experience.
General Info |
San Francisco Bay Area |
Music & Art |
Artwork copyright 1994 Rowan Fairgrove
Back to Celtica Index Page
Back to Fairgrove Conjureworks